Sparky found a stick in the yard and had a grand old time playing with it. The pics of him playing with it are cute, as you can see. (Click for big)

mosaic7116311.jpg
However, I saw a horrible stick injury when watching a show on Animal Planet (I think it was Emergency Vets). A golden retriever chased after a stick and it bounced off the ground. It went through the soft palate of his mouth and into his brain. I told mom and she said she wouldn’t let Sparky play with sticks any more.
As the website linked to above says, “Sticks can kill, not only at the time but years later. They can also lead to permanent disablement. Is this worth a few minutes pleasure when there are safer toys?”
Advertisements